Wow I have been gone for quite a while, didn’t think it was that long until I logged back in! First of all sorry about just disappearing and not explaining what was going on, second of all I am coming back I promise just bear with me.
So at the start of August I decided to quit my job in the local shop, I had been working there since I was 16 and whilst it was a great place with lovely people my heart lay elsewhere. The choice was not an easy one, I agonised over the possibility of leaving paid employment without any sign of another job but within a week of making my final decision I had been offered a job as Freelance Media Officer with Ignition Film Productions! The lovely people at Ignition were promoting a movie called Patrick’s Day and needed someone to look after their social media and website, it seemed like fate had intervened and I was on my way down this new path.
If you want to check out what Patrick’s Day is all about you can visit the Facebook, Twitter or Website or check out the trailer below! Shameless plug I know but if it wasn’t I wouldn’t be doing my job very well now would I?
As the work for Patrick’s Day is only Freelance I was still on the hunt for a more permanent role and in doing so I decided that I should enhance my skills with a Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Marketing to make myself more appealing to employers. So I started my course via distance learning so that I could still apply for every job that I liked the look of and trust me I applied to a lot of places!
One morning very shortly after I got the call to say I had an interview for a Sales and Marketing position, I interviewed on the Wednesday afternoon, they offered me the job on the Thursday and I started work on the Friday! So now I work as Freelance Media Officer for Ignition Film Productions, Sales and Marketing for Fundraising Ireland and I am studying for my Postgraduate Diploma in Digital Marketing all at once. Funny how life works out sometimes, all I needed was the confidence to leave where I was and a whole new world of opportunities has opened up to me.
Apologies for the length of this post but I felt I owed it to my followers to explain and to let you know I will be back, because in spite of having an overloaded plate at the moment I still love to read and write about those experiences. I will try work out a new schedule for Between the Lines over the next week and hopefully start posting over the Christmas holidays when I have some time off.
Thank you for still following and I hope to post for you all again very soon! 🙂
You may have noticed that I haven’t posted a Movie Magic post for Of Mice and Men yet and that is because it has been years since I watched it and to properly review it I want to re-watch the film. I will hopefully get the chance to do that this weekend so I will post two Movie Magic next week one for Of Mice and Men and one for Charlotte’s Web.
Tomorrow I will be posting my Friday Finds of some book cases that I would love to have in my home! I am going to focus on the more elaborate ones tomorrow and then in my next Friday Finds I will do a post on some really clever D.I.Y bookcases for the crafty book lover so I’m really looking forward to that one!
I am very new to the blogging world and it still baffles me that anyone would want to read my posts let alone like them or follow me! I cannot explain how incredibly excited I was to receive a nomination for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award from Alena, her blog alenaslife is well worth a look you definitely won’t be disappointed. I’d like to take the opportunity to thank Alena not just for the nomination but for her support as one of my first followers it really means the world to me!
Here are the rules for this blogger award:
1. Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Seven random facts about me:
- I have an B.A honors degree in journalism and a diploma in criminal psychology and I would love to someday in the future complete an M.A in Publishing.
- I come from a typically large Irish family! I have four brothers and one sister and although that makes life in my house incredibly hectic at times I wouldn’t wish it any different.
- I have an idea for a novel that I have been toying with for a while and maybe someday it will become more.
- I am from a small village in Co. Wicklow Ireland. I consider myself extremely lucky for the simple reason that when I look out my window I have one of the most beautiful views of the countryside you can imagine.
- I have competed in the Flora Women’s 10k Mini Marathon in Dublin for the past two years, the atmosphere on the day is amazing and so much money is raised for charity that I hope to keep doing it for many years to come.
- I haven’t travelled very much in my life yet but I did have the opportunity to spend a week in Rome a few years ago and I completely fell in love with the city! I would love to go back again and hopefully one day I will get my wish.
- My birthday is February 15th so every year without fail someone will tell me that my name should have been some variation of Valentine!
And I’m nominating:
As I am so new to this I haven’t gotten around to following many blogs yet and many of those that I do follow have already taken part! So I’ll nominate the following and apologies if you have already participated!
The Perks of Being a Bookworm
A slice of chocolate cake, a cup of tea and a good book
Navigating the Stormy Shelves
Bits & Pieces
To make things run a little smoother I have decided to set myself a schedule of sorts so everyone knows what to expect and when! Hopefully this time-line will work out but bear with me whilst I get to grips with a little trial and error.
Monday: Movie Magic – As so many of the books on the list have been turned into movies I will take a look at how successful they were, who portrayed much loved characters and how close to the book these adaptations made it.
Tuesday and Thursday: Book Review or Book Update – Some books I will fly through and will have the reviews up within a few days of reading but others I have a feeling will take more time to get to grips with. In these cases I will post an update on where I am in the book and my feelings on it at that time.
Friday: Friday Finds – Some of my favourite picks from around the web! All book related of course!
So that’s how things will work for the time being but of course you can always keep in touch with me via twitter or follow along with my obsessive pinning!
I mentioned in my first post that I have previously read twenty two of the books from the list and I’m slightly ashamed that I haven’t read more actually as there are some literary classics on there that I seem to have glossed over.
So here is the list of books that I have already read, have you read more?
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- Pride and Prejudice
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
- Charlotte’s Web
- Jane Eyre
- The Help
- The Hunger Games
- Of Mice and Men
- Romeo and Juliet
- Wuthering Heights
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- Memoirs of a Geisha
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- The Scarlet Letter
- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
- Catching Fire
So it will take me a while to sort out my first reviews but I thought I would write a quick post to breakdown the list before I get started. Out of the one hundred books on the list I have previously read twenty two which I will be rereading for the purposes of this blog as it has been a long time since I discovered some of them!
To breakdown the list I thought I would highlight a few of the titles which I’m most excited about and some of the ones which I am a little dubious about:
Cant wait to reread: Jane Eyre.. It’s my favourite book in the world, I just adore it and have several copies one of which is lovingly over read and dog eared.
Most excited to read for the first time: In Cold Blood.. This may seem like a strange choice but my taste in literature is diverse to say the least! I have a huge collection of crime books both fact and fiction so this one definitely appeals to that side of me.
Ashamed I’ve never read: Anne Frank: The Diary of my Life.. I just feel like I should have already read this.
One I’ll eventually get to but will keep putting off: The Time Traveller’s Wife.. You know the saying “Never judge a book by it’s cover” I have to admit I’m judging this book by it’s movie and that’s why I am apprehensive about starting this one but I’m sure it’s not that bad.